Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Vintage Jewelry

Sorry I have been MIA recently, life has been busy. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with about 20 family and friends here at my home for dinner. Busy, busy, busy, but lots of fun with the family.

I am now getting ready for a couple of craft shows, so I am busy designing and making jewelry. In making my jewelry, I like to re-use vintage pieces in my designs. I pulled out one box to look through for inspiration and (while I was playing) I took a few pictures to share with you. 



I love collecting vintage jewelry and I have lots of it (and I mean LOTS.) Here are some clip earrings, pins and a few necklaces in the back.



I love the aurora blue pin and earring set. It really sparkles. Yeah, this set just might have to stay with me. Sigh... I could say that about most of this jewelry, I guess that's why I collect it.


Turquoise is my favorite color so of course I had to buy this flower pin. Enamel flower pins are another weakness of mine. There are only a couple of pins in these photos, but I have lots more in my stash.


I could just sit and play with these all night, like a little kid in a candy store. I get so excited when I am out at a yard sale or flea market and spy some special vintage pieces.


I have something special that I made with a stash of clip earrings. It's really a Christmas decoration, but I leave it up all year round. I will take some pictures to show you some other time.

Until next time, take care.




No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01