Sunday, September 30, 2012

Making Her Mine

I purchased this dressform from someone on Craigslist about a year ago. I couldn’t believe it was such great price and I was the first person to call. I wanted to give “her” a name, so I picked my great grandmother’s name Bronislawa (aka Bertha.) I think the Polish version sounds much prettier, but the nickname Bertha is easier to say.
 
Bertha is made of hard foam and she wore a cloth cover and has a nice stand. (Of course I don't have any before pics.) I purchased her to display handmade jewelry at shows. 
I was SO excited to get her, but she didn’t have that wow appeal so I went to work making her mine. I used some vintage sewing patterns that I had in my stash, tore them into pieces and mod podged them all over Bertha. 
After she was dry, I applied another coat of mod podge, let that dry, and Bertha was ready. 
She really loves pearls and wears lots of them and I mean LOTS. I really love the way she looks with all of her pearls. 
Do you have a dressform, and what did you do to make it yours?

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint?01